Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed September 25, 2013
Chinese Online Retailer To Shift IPO To U.S.
Originally published on Wed September 25, 2013 6:00 am
China's biggest online retailer, the Alibaba Group, reportedly has decided it will not launch its Initial Public Offering on the Hong Kong stock exchange. Instead, it wants to bring the IPO to New York. Alibaba processed $170 billion in transactions last year — more than Amazon and eBay combined.