Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue July 2, 2013
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 7:36 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts on a high note.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Steinway Musical Instruments announced Monday that it would be acquired by the private equity firm Kohlberg and Company in a deal worth $438 million. Kohlberg says it plans to build on Steinway's 160 years of piano-making tradition and expand its sales globally.
Steinway's stock price jumped in response to the news. And for the record, the company's ticker symbol is LVB - a reference to the initials of Ludwig van Beethoven. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.