Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue July 2, 2013
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 7:36 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts on a high note.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Steinway Musical Instruments announced Monday that it would be acquired by the private equity firm Kohlberg and Company in a deal worth $438 million. Kohlberg says it plans to build on Steinway's 160 years of piano-making tradition and expand its sales globally.
Steinway's stock price jumped in response to the news. And for the record, the company's ticker symbol is LVB - a reference to the initials of Ludwig van Beethoven. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.