Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri September 28, 2012
Briton Walks On Water In Human Hampster Wheel
Originally published on Fri September 28, 2012 7:29 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Chris Todd is about to prove that a human can walk on water - sort of. The British man plans to cross the Irish Sea in something resembling a human hamster wheel. He walks, the wheel spins, and that powers his homemade vehicle. He's covering 66 miles in two days to raise money for charity. To hydrate, he expects to down 30 liters of water. To celebrate, well, if all goes well, he'll be in Ireland. He says he's looking forward to a cold pint of Guinness. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.