Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue October 23, 2012
Bridge Designers Envision Giant Trampolines
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 4:53 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Why walk across a bridge when you can bounce across it? That's what one architecture firm had in mind with its concept for a new bridge in Paris. It looks like a puffy white snake that would cross the River Seine. Pedestrians would bound across the famed river on three giant inflatable trampolines. The idea took third place in a design competition, but, as of now, it is still in the concept phase. Some people might hope that's exactly where it stays. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.