Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue February 11, 2014
Bob And Linda Read Internet Movie Reviews, Part 3: 'Wolf Of Wall Street'
Originally published on Tue February 25, 2014 4:37 pm
This year, we wanted to look back at the nine best picture nominees and remind ourselves — and you — that reactions to film are complicated, hilariously varied and wonderfully individual. So we looked over every comment for every nominee at RottenTomatoes.com, and we brought you some of our favorites. We'll be rolling these out between now and the Oscars, and today, we move on to Martin Scorsese's Wolf of Wall Street. (Many thanks to my dear pal Bob Mondello and rad NPR Multimedia whizzes Claire O'Neill and Kainaz Amaria. As you will see as these unfold, we had a lot of fun.) Check out our previous looks at American Hustle and Her.
Bob's sincere Internet movie review: Undeniably energetic and profanely funny, this reality-based comedy is also sprawling and overlong at three hours (and there's reportedly a four-hour cut floating around). The swearing is so omnipresent that a four-minute "F-bomb" Web version (just the profanity) tracks the whole arc of the movie.
Linda's sincere Internet movie review: I'll see it before the Oscars! I promise!
Know your stuff before Oscars day!
- An interview with Leonardo DiCaprio on Morning Edition
- Mark Jenkins reviews Wolf of Wall Street
- On the movie's side dishes