Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Official Election Results
Mon November 26, 2012
Board To Make Alabama Election Results Official
The results of Alabama's election on Nov. 6 will become official Wednesday.
That's when the state Canvassing Board meets in Montgomery to review the returns from every county and certify the vote totals.
The Canvassing Board consists of Secretary of State Beth Chapman, Gov. Robert Bentley and Attorney General Luther Strange, or their representatives. The board will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday in Chapman's Capitol office.
Then the state's nine members of the Electoral College will meet at the Capitol on Dec. 17 to cast their ballots for Republican Mitt Romney for president.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.