Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Official Election Results
Mon November 26, 2012
Board To Make Alabama Election Results Official
The results of Alabama's election on Nov. 6 will become official Wednesday.
That's when the state Canvassing Board meets in Montgomery to review the returns from every county and certify the vote totals.
The Canvassing Board consists of Secretary of State Beth Chapman, Gov. Robert Bentley and Attorney General Luther Strange, or their representatives. The board will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday in Chapman's Capitol office.
Then the state's nine members of the Electoral College will meet at the Capitol on Dec. 17 to cast their ballots for Republican Mitt Romney for president.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.