Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
Arts & Culture
Wed October 1, 2003
Blues Musician Willie King -- Full Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was featured in Martin Scorsese's documentary "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries airing nationally on public television. The features are part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and what he hopes to accomplish.