Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Arts & Culture
Wed October 1, 2003
Blues Musician Willie King -- Full Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was featured in Martin Scorsese's documentary "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries airing nationally on public television. The features are part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and what he hopes to accomplish.