Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
Arts & Culture
Mon September 29, 2003
Blues Artist Willie King -- Unedited Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was recently featured in Martin Scorsese's documentery "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries to air nationally on public television as part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and his work in his community.