Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Culture
Tue September 30, 2003
Blues Artist Willie King -- Full Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was featured in Martin Scorsese's documentary "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries airing nationally on public television. The features are part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and what he hopes to accomplish.