Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Tuscaloosa Boxer Deontay Wilder wins Heavyweight title
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
Arts & Culture
Tue September 30, 2003
Blues Artist Willie King -- Full Interview
By Butler Cain, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Blues musician Willie King hails from Pickens County, Alabama. He was featured in Martin Scorsese's documentary "Feel Like Going Home," one of a series of documentaries airing nationally on public television. The features are part of 2003's designation as "Year of the Blues."
Willie King played a gig at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa Friday, 9/26. Before the set, he spoke with Alabama Public Radio's Butler Cain at length about his history with the Blues and what he hopes to accomplish.