Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue March 5, 2013
Best Sports Reporter--Pat Duggins
Alabama Public Radio news director Pat Duggins specializes in sports coverage on APR. His coverage this year includes the Alabama Crimson Tide's 21-0 victory over the LSU Tigers in New Orleans for the BCS championship. Pat also produced an advancer feature on how the BCS game was viewed by members of the 1992 Crimson Tide championship team, whose members defeated Miami at the same venue where the 2012 team would face LSU. Also, Duggins produced a human interest feature on the young daughter of former defensive end Derrick Warren, who is suffering from genetic disorder known as Alexander's disease. The affliction is typically fatal in young patients by the age of ten. The Warren's situation, and mounting medical bills prompted a fundraiser by his 1992 team mates including Coach Gene Stallings.