Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed March 6, 2013
Best Hard News Feature--HIV Prisoners
Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports on the on-going legal fight over treatment of Alabama prisoners who test positive for the virus that causes AIDS. This story involved tracking down former inmate Alfred Knox, who was diagnosed with HIV while in prison in Alabama. He now resides in Illinois, and whose case is the heart of the legal fight on whether infected prisoners can legally be segregated from the general population.