Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 6, 2013
Best Hard News Feature--HIV Prisoners
Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports on the on-going legal fight over treatment of Alabama prisoners who test positive for the virus that causes AIDS. This story involved tracking down former inmate Alfred Knox, who was diagnosed with HIV while in prison in Alabama. He now resides in Illinois, and whose case is the heart of the legal fight on whether infected prisoners can legally be segregated from the general population.