Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Mon November 19, 2012
Bentley Kicks Off Salvation Army Kettle Campaign
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be joined by officials of the Salvation Army on the Alabama Capitol steps to launch the 2012 Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign in Montgomery.
Bentley will launch the 2012 campaign during a news conference at 11 a.m. Monday on the Capitol steps.
Bentley's office said the campaign provides funds to the Salvation Army for emergency shelter, food, clothing and day-to-day assistance.
The Salvation Army also ministers to the spiritual needs of people in the area.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.