Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Mon November 19, 2012
Bentley Kicks Off Salvation Army Kettle Campaign
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be joined by officials of the Salvation Army on the Alabama Capitol steps to launch the 2012 Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign in Montgomery.
Bentley will launch the 2012 campaign during a news conference at 11 a.m. Monday on the Capitol steps.
Bentley's office said the campaign provides funds to the Salvation Army for emergency shelter, food, clothing and day-to-day assistance.
The Salvation Army also ministers to the spiritual needs of people in the area.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.