Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Arts & Life
Mon November 19, 2012
Bentley Kicks Off Salvation Army Kettle Campaign
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be joined by officials of the Salvation Army on the Alabama Capitol steps to launch the 2012 Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign in Montgomery.
Bentley will launch the 2012 campaign during a news conference at 11 a.m. Monday on the Capitol steps.
Bentley's office said the campaign provides funds to the Salvation Army for emergency shelter, food, clothing and day-to-day assistance.
The Salvation Army also ministers to the spiritual needs of people in the area.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.