Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Mon July 22, 2013
Bentley to Have Ceremonial Signing of Voting Bill
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will hold a ceremonial signing ceremony for a bill that allows qualified emergency workers to vote by absentee ballot if they are called away from their homes to respond to an emergency immediately before an election.
Bentley has scheduled the ceremony for 10 a.m. Monday at the Circler of Flags at the Alabama Capitol. The bill passed the Legislature during the past session that ended in May.
The bill, HB373, was sponsored by Republican Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise and Republican Sen. Bryan Taylor of Prattville. Taylor and Moore will join Bentley and Alabama EMA Director Art Faulkner at Monday's ceremonial ceremony. The legislation has already been officially signed by Bentley.