Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon July 22, 2013
Bentley to Have Ceremonial Signing of Voting Bill
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will hold a ceremonial signing ceremony for a bill that allows qualified emergency workers to vote by absentee ballot if they are called away from their homes to respond to an emergency immediately before an election.
Bentley has scheduled the ceremony for 10 a.m. Monday at the Circler of Flags at the Alabama Capitol. The bill passed the Legislature during the past session that ended in May.
The bill, HB373, was sponsored by Republican Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise and Republican Sen. Bryan Taylor of Prattville. Taylor and Moore will join Bentley and Alabama EMA Director Art Faulkner at Monday's ceremonial ceremony. The legislation has already been officially signed by Bentley.