Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Mon September 30, 2013
Beer Promotion Fills Seats For Jaguar's Game
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
These are not the best of times for football fans in Jacksonville, Florida. The Jaguars are one of the worst teams in the NFL, regularly losing by double digits. Yesterday, the home stadium ran a promotion: free beer with a ticket. The turnout was decent. Eighty-nine percent of the stadium's seats were sold. Maybe people just needed some extra incentive to come watch some football. Or maybe they needed that beer to forget about the score: Indianapolis Colts 37, Jaguars 3.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.