Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Politics & Government
Wed July 16, 2014
Beeker Upsets Incumbent Dunn for Alabama PSC
Challenger Chris "Chip" Beeker Jr. has upset incumbent Terry Dunn for the Republican nomination for Place 2 on the Alabama Public Service Commission.
With 86 percent of the precincts reporting Tuesday night, Beeker has 59 percent to Dunn's 41 percent.
The winner has no Democratic opposition in the general election Nov. 4.
Beeker was making his second run for the state's utility regulatory board. He drew support from some business and coal groups who were upset with Dunn calling for formal rate hearings for Alabama Power.