Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri October 1, 2004
BayFest Kicks Off, Despite Ivan
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – The Beach Boys and other performers are in Mobile this weekend for BayFest. That's the annual music festival that kicks off Friday night. City officials are wondering about this year's attendance because of Hurricane Ivan. Sarju Patel is the head of the Mobile Hotel Motel Association. He says rooms are typically full with the BayFest crowd, but this year...they're taken by Ivan evacuees and work crews involved in disaster recovery.