Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
APR News Reports
Thu May 24, 2012
Baby Boomers and Hepatitis C
By Maggie Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL – A reported 5 million Americans have Hepatitis C, with 13,000 of those cases in Birmingham alone. And according to a new study, 75% of those patients don't know they have it and baby boomers make up the biggest group. A recent survey of over 1,000 people found that only 5% thought they were at risk for Hepatitis C. Dr. Michael Ryan is a clinical professor with the Eastern Virginia Medical School. APR's Maggie Martin talked with Ryan about why baby boomers are so at risk.