Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed June 18, 2014
Authorities Responding To Plane Fire In Huntsville
Local and federal authorities are investigating a plane fire near the Huntsville International Airport.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says a Westwind II aircraft veered off the right side of a runway while trying to depart from the airport Wednesday afternoon. Bergen says the plane caught fire and three people were on board at the time.
Multiple sources have confirmed the three passengers were killed in the fiery crash
Bergen says the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Authorities are unsure of where the plane was traveling to.
Photos from local news outlets showed flames and a large plume of black smoke that appeared to be rising from the scene.