Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Wed June 18, 2014
Authorities Responding To Plane Fire In Huntsville
Local and federal authorities are investigating a plane fire near the Huntsville International Airport.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says a Westwind II aircraft veered off the right side of a runway while trying to depart from the airport Wednesday afternoon. Bergen says the plane caught fire and three people were on board at the time.
Multiple sources have confirmed the three passengers were killed in the fiery crash
Bergen says the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Authorities are unsure of where the plane was traveling to.
Photos from local news outlets showed flames and a large plume of black smoke that appeared to be rising from the scene.