Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 20, 2004
Auburn Expected to Name Richardson
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – The Auburn University Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet Tuesday afternoon. Governor Bob Riley is expected to nominate state schools Superintendent Ed Richardson to be Auburn's interim president. Richardson is familiar with the school's recent troubles with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. He was part of the delegation that meet with SACS officials before Auburn was placed on probation. Richardson received his bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from Auburn and spent 12 years as superintendent of the Auburn city school system before becoming state school superintendent. Richardson will leave his position to become interim president. The state board of education has several choices to temporarily replace Richardson. Vice President Ethel Hall says the board will name an interim superintendent no later than Thursday.