Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 23, 2013
ASU Trustee Resigns From Board
The lone Alabama State University trustee to vote against a separation agreement with former president Joseph Silver has resigned.
Kathy Sawyer did not provide Gov. Robert Bentley with a reason for her resignation, but says she does not believe she can make any contributions to the school's board of trustees. The newspaper reports Bentley thanked Sawyer for her service and says she has served with dignity and integrity.
Sawyer spoke out against the school's plan to pay Joseph Silver $685,000 to resign from the position he held for just over two months after he was placed on paid administrative leave in November. Sawyer called the separation agreement a disgrace to the university and questioned where the money to pay Silver would come from.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.