Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 27, 2004
Areas in Ivan's Path Remain Under Fire Alert
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Seventeen counties in southwest Alabama remain under a fire alert. The counties were placed under the alert after Hurricane Ivan left debris scattered across that part of the state. The Alabama Forestry Commission says the counties will remain under burn restrictions until further notice. The commission is concerned not only about the fire danger, but also a lack of telephone and water service that could allow fires to get out of control. The state also is asking residents to pile their debris and wait for instructions before burning it.