Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- NOAA Opens Tuscaloosa Water Center, State Legislature passes Education Budget
TED Radio Hour
Fri July 5, 2013
APR Presents: TED Radio Hour - July 5th
Giving It Away
"If you have something to give, give it now." – Mark Bezos
You can give away almost anything — your time, money, food, your ideas. Giving helps define who we are and helps us connect with others. Thanks to the Internet and a rise in social consciousness, there's been a seismic shift not only in what we're giving, but how. In this hour, stories from TED speakers who are "giving it away" in new and surprising ways, and the things that happen in return.
APR Presents airs Fridays at 7:00 p.m.