Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 31, 2012
Alfa-Backed Group: Get Segregation Language Out
A group formed in 2003 to fight Gov. Bob Riley's $1.2 billion tax plan is back with ads saying updating Alabama's constitution could help the state's economic recovery.
The Alabama Public Policy Foundation is running radio ads saying Amendments 4, 9 and 10 would be good "for jobs in Alabama." Amendment 4 would remove language on racially separate schools and poll taxes. Amendments 9 and 10 would update portions of the constitution dealing with corporations and banks.
The board of the Alabama Public Policy Foundation includes leaders of the Alabama Farmers Federation, Alfa, Eagle Forum of Alabama, and the National Federation of Independent Business.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.