Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Politics & Government
Thu July 17, 2014
Alabama's Mobile ID Unit Returning to the Road
The secretary of state's office is getting ready to hit the road again to make free photo IDs for voters who don't have any other type of photo ID to show at the polls.
Secretary of State Jim Bennett says his office's mobile ID unit made 93 stops before the primary election and runoff.
The unit returns to the road July 22 in Red Bay. Other stops include the North Courtland and Muscle Shoals on July 23, Tuscaloosa on July 28, Bessemer on Aug. 11, Hoover on Aug. 12, Springville on Aug. 18, Altoona on Aug. 19, Union Springs and Midway on Aug. 22, Elba on Sept. 9, LaFayette on Sept. 15, and Dixons Mill on Sept. 16.
More stops are planned before the tour wraps up Oct. 8 in Montgomery.