Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Thu November 1, 2012
Alabama Trustees to Discuss Bailey Departure
University of Alabama trustees are gathering in Tuscaloosa to discuss a new president following Guy Bailey's resignation after less than two months in office.
Board pro tem Paul Bryant Jr. says members will discuss presidential succession at a meeting on Thursday.
Bailey announced his resignation on Wednesday, saying it was due to the health of wife Jan Tillery-Bailey.
A statement didn't reveal anything about her condition, but a university spokeswoman says Bailey's wife was critically ill over the summer.
Bailey was hired in July and took over as president in early September. The Montgomery native previously was president of Texas Tech University.
A story published four years ago by a Texas newspaper described Bailey's wife as a two-time cancer survivor.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.