Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri May 4, 2012
Alabama Streamlining Tax Filings For Businesses
Montgomery, AL – Gov. Robert Bentley has signed legislation designed to make it easier for businesses to handle tax filings.
Bentley said Thursday the law will eliminate the need for any business with multiple locations to file tax returns in multiple cities and counties. Instead, they can use a single filing system to handle all sales, use and rental tax returns and make their payments. The state Department of Revenue will administer the system and distribute the filings and payments to the appropriate cities and counties. The governor said using the system is free for businesses and for cities and counties.
The new law was sponsored by Republican Sen. Slade Blackwell of Mountain Brook, and it passed the Legislature without a dissenting vote.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)