Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue February 24, 2004
Alabama Soldiers Wounded in Explosion
By Alabama Public Radio
Baghdad, Iraq – A roadside bombing in Baghdad injured two Alabama soldiers Saturday. Army Specialist Jason C- Tipton of Creola suffered serious wounds. Private First Class Brandon Powell of Fairhope suffered minor injuries. Joe Birindelli, chairman of the Fairhope-based Citizens for Local Troop Support, says Tipton underwent surgery for shrapnel wounds to his face and chest. His medical condition was not available, but Birindelli says Tipton is expected to recover. The soldiers are members of the 11-65th Military Police Company of Fairhope.