Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 28, 2003
Alabama Soldier Buried in Daphne
By Alabama Public Radio
Daphne, AL – An Alabama soldier was buried Monday. Army Specialist Paul Bueche was killed October 21st in Iraq when a helicopter tire he was working on exploded. He was 19. The funeral at Christ the King Catholic Church in Daphne featured a seven-man honor guard from Fort Rucker who escorted the casket from the church. Major General Mark Bowen of the Alabama National Guard also posthumously awarded Bueche the Bronze Star medal. Bueche was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and lived in Daphne. He joined the National Guard just four days before the September Eleventh terrorist attacks. He was a member of Company E in the 131st Aviation Regiment based in Birmingham.