Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed March 27, 2013
Alabama Seminars to Promote Trade With Canada
The Alabama Department of Commerce and the Alabama Export Alliance are planning seminars April 9-10 to help companies learn more about exporting to Canada.
Department officials said the Canada is Alabama's top trading partner, with Alabama exporting $3.9 billion in goods to Canada in 2012. But they said Canada has its own unique trade customs and regulations. The seminars will be in Huntsville and Birmingham on April 9 and in Mobile on April 10. The seminars are free, but registration is requested.
Officials from Alabama and five other Southern states will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from July 14-16 to promote trade and investment between the states and Canada.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.