Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu April 29, 2004
Alabama GOP Will Appeal Candidate's Reinstatement
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Alabama Republican Party plans to appeal a decision allowing Christian talk show host Kelly McGinley back on the party's primary ballot. But party chairman Marty Connors says in the meantime, McGinley's name will be restored. McGinley is a candidate for a state school board seat. But Connors says even if she continues her campaign, the state Republican Party could disregard the votes cast for McGinley. Connors says the party has the authority to decide what votes are counted in a primary election, and he says there is precedent for that procedure.