Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Thu April 29, 2004
Alabama GOP Will Appeal Candidate's Reinstatement
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Alabama Republican Party plans to appeal a decision allowing Christian talk show host Kelly McGinley back on the party's primary ballot. But party chairman Marty Connors says in the meantime, McGinley's name will be restored. McGinley is a candidate for a state school board seat. But Connors says even if she continues her campaign, the state Republican Party could disregard the votes cast for McGinley. Connors says the party has the authority to decide what votes are counted in a primary election, and he says there is precedent for that procedure.