Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Michelle Obama delivers Commencement Address at Tuskegee
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
Business & Education
Thu September 13, 2012
Alabama Chancellor Finalists Set for Interviews
The State Board of Education is meeting to interview the two finalists for chancellor of Alabama's two-year college system.
The board has interviews in Montgomery starting at 9 a.m. Thursday with Mark Heinrich, who is president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa, and Blake Flanders, who is vice president of workforce development for the Kansas Board of Regents.
The school board is looking for a replacement for Freida Hill, who stepped down in March under pressure from some board members.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.