Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Mon January 12, 2004
Alabama Broadcast Legend Dies
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, AL – Services for Alabama broadcasting legend Harry Mabry will be held Monday afternoon at 3 o-clock.
Mabry served in the Navy before launching a career that spanned 50 years, including 20 as general manager of Anniston-television station W-H-M-A Channel 40. He was also a former president of the Alabama Broadcasting Association and an Outstanding Alumnus at the University of Alabama in 1983. Mabry was known for his sense of humor and civic involvement. He died of a heart attack on Friday at the age of 72.
Services are scheduled for Monday at 3 at Grace Episcopal Church in Anniston.