Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 12, 2004
Alabama Broadcast Legend Dies
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, AL – Services for Alabama broadcasting legend Harry Mabry will be held Monday afternoon at 3 o-clock.
Mabry served in the Navy before launching a career that spanned 50 years, including 20 as general manager of Anniston-television station W-H-M-A Channel 40. He was also a former president of the Alabama Broadcasting Association and an Outstanding Alumnus at the University of Alabama in 1983. Mabry was known for his sense of humor and civic involvement. He died of a heart attack on Friday at the age of 72.
Services are scheduled for Monday at 3 at Grace Episcopal Church in Anniston.