Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 23, 2004
Alabama Boosts Nader Campaign
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Alabama was the second-greatest source of funding in June for Ralph Nader's presidential campaign. A fundraiser that month in Birmingham brought in more than 18 thousand dollars for the consumer advocate who's running as an independent. Only California donors gave more. But overall donations to Nader's campaign from Alabama and other states have been slim. Federal Election Commission records say President Bush reported 13 million dollars in donations in June. John Kerry received close to 38 million. Nader got less than 500-thousand dollars.