Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Tue August 13, 2013
Ala Sponsoring Dove Hunts for Kids
Alabama's wildlife agency is sponsoring a series of dove hunts for children.
The state's 13th annual youth dove hunts will begin on Sept. 7, but online registration starts Aug. 16.
Participants must be age 15 or younger, and they must be accompanied by an adult at least 25 years old with a valid state hunting license.
The hunts are free, and they are held in open fields. The events are run by workers from the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
Hunts will be held from the coastal counties in south Alabama all the way north to the Tennessee Valley. The agency says the hunts are meant to introduce young people to the outdoors.