Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu April 4, 2013
Ala. Senate Considers Bill Relaxing Gun Control
The Alabama Senate has started a debate on easing some of the state's gun restrictions.
The Senate voted 26-7 Thursday to consider the bill, which was an indication of its support. The bill by Republican Sen. Scott Beason of Gardendale would allow workers to keep guns locked in their vehicles while at their jobs, and would allow people to get a lifetime permit to keep guns in their vehicles all the time.
The bill is supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by some sheriffs and the Business Council of Alabama.
During the debate, several senators offered amendments for discussion.
Gun Control Legislation
Strange-Gun Control Legislation
2013 Legislative Session