Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu April 4, 2013
Ala. Senate Considers Bill Relaxing Gun Control
The Alabama Senate has started a debate on easing some of the state's gun restrictions.
The Senate voted 26-7 Thursday to consider the bill, which was an indication of its support. The bill by Republican Sen. Scott Beason of Gardendale would allow workers to keep guns locked in their vehicles while at their jobs, and would allow people to get a lifetime permit to keep guns in their vehicles all the time.
The bill is supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by some sheriffs and the Business Council of Alabama.
During the debate, several senators offered amendments for discussion.
Gun Control Legislation
Strange-Gun Control Legislation
2013 Legislative Session