Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu April 4, 2013
Ala. Senate Considers Bill Relaxing Gun Control
The Alabama Senate has started a debate on easing some of the state's gun restrictions.
The Senate voted 26-7 Thursday to consider the bill, which was an indication of its support. The bill by Republican Sen. Scott Beason of Gardendale would allow workers to keep guns locked in their vehicles while at their jobs, and would allow people to get a lifetime permit to keep guns in their vehicles all the time.
The bill is supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by some sheriffs and the Business Council of Alabama.
During the debate, several senators offered amendments for discussion.
Gun Control Legislation
Strange-Gun Control Legislation
2013 Legislative Session