Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Gun Control Legislation
Thu April 4, 2013
Ala. Senate to Consider Bill Relaxing Gun Control
Leaders of the Alabama Senate say they expect to consider a bill easing some of Alabama's gun restrictions.
The bill by Republican Sen. Scott Beason of Gardendale is on the Senate's proposed work agenda for Thursday. The bill is supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by some sheriffs and the Business Council of Alabama.
It would allow people to carry a pistol in their car without getting a pistol permit, and it would allow people to keep guns locked in their vehicles at work.
The Senate originally had the bill on its work agenda Tuesday, but Senate President Pro Tem Del Marsh said it was delayed until Thursday to give Beason more time to talk to opponents.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Strange-Gun Control Legislation
2013 Legislative Session
Politics & Government