Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
School ID Badge Policy
Sun March 17, 2013
Ala. School District to Review ID Badge Policy
(Information in the following story is from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com)
The superintendent of Houston County schools says district officials plan to review a new security policy that requires all students to wear identification badges.
The Dothan Eagle reports Superintendent Tim Pitchford says school officials will take a second look at the effectiveness of the badge requirement in April.
Houston County schools started requiring the IDs in 2013 after the school shootings last year at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The Alabama county's students are required to wear an identification badge around their necks at all times while at school. Children who don't comply can be disciplined.
Pitchford says he has questions about whether it's necessary to require elementary school students to wear the IDs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Strange-Gun Control Legislation
Business & Education