Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Thu January 3, 2013
Ala. Professor Appealing Life Sentence in Shooting
A former professor who pleaded guilty to fatally shooting three colleagues during a staff meeting has been notified by the Alabama Criminal Court of Appeals that her appellant's brief is due by Jan. 28.
WAFF-TV (http://bit.ly/1355jyA ) reports Amy Bishop Anderson, formerly of the University of Alabama in Huntsville, is appealing her conviction and life sentence for capital murder. Bishop fatally shot three colleagues and wounded three others during a biology department staff meeting in February of 2010.
The Harvard-educated biologist pleaded guilty to three counts of attempted murder and capital murder, and is being held in the Tutwiler Women's Prison in Wetumpka.
Information from: WAFF-TV, http://www.waff.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Alabama University Shooting
Politics & Government
Bishop Pleads Guilty
Arts & Life