Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Thu January 3, 2013
Ala. Professor Appealing Life Sentence in Shooting
A former professor who pleaded guilty to fatally shooting three colleagues during a staff meeting has been notified by the Alabama Criminal Court of Appeals that her appellant's brief is due by Jan. 28.
WAFF-TV (http://bit.ly/1355jyA ) reports Amy Bishop Anderson, formerly of the University of Alabama in Huntsville, is appealing her conviction and life sentence for capital murder. Bishop fatally shot three colleagues and wounded three others during a biology department staff meeting in February of 2010.
The Harvard-educated biologist pleaded guilty to three counts of attempted murder and capital murder, and is being held in the Tutwiler Women's Prison in Wetumpka.
Information from: WAFF-TV, http://www.waff.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Alabama University Shooting
Politics & Government
Bishop Pleads Guilty
Arts & Life