Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
BCS Viral Video
Thu November 29, 2012
Ala. Man Gets 2 Years In Jail For Nasty BCS Video
An Alabama man got a dressing-down and two years in prison for rubbing his genitals on an unconscious LSU fan in a Bourbon Street burger restaurant after the BCS national title game in January. A video of the incident went viral.
State District Judge Karen Herman told Brian Downing of Smiths Station, Ala., that he's a bully who has permanently damaged someone else's life.
Downing declined to say anything before the judge sentenced him as part of a plea deal.
He pleaded guilty in October to two counts of obscenity. Prosecutors dropped a charge of sexual battery, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
The incident took place last January after Alabama defeated LSU at the Superdome to claim the BCS title.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.