Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon December 10, 2012
Ala. Legislators Plan Bill to Curb Elder Abuse
Two Republican legislators are planning to push legislation in the upcoming session to prevent elder abuse and increase the penalties for offenders.
Sen. Cam Ward of Alabaster and Rep. Paul DeMarco of Homewood plan to announce the legislation Monday afternoon, along with the state's director of Senior Services, Neal Morrison. . The event will be at the Heardmont Senior Center in Shelby County.
A spokesman for Gov. Robert Bentley says he supports the upcoming legislative and had planned to attend the announcement. But he had to cancel due to other business that came up at the last minute.
The next legislative session starts Feb. 5.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.