Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Arts & Life
Mon December 3, 2012
Ala. Governor's Mansion Open for Christmas Tours
The Governor's Mansion in Montgomery is getting ready for the first of three evenings of public tours during the Christmas season.
First Lady Dianne Bentley says the mansion will be open from 5-7 p.m. Monday and during the same hours Dec. 10 and 17. Decorators from across the state volunteered to decorate the mansion and the neighboring Hill House for the holidays. The first lady said she wants to share that with the public.
Free tickets for the tours are available at the Governor's Mansion gift shop across the street from the side entrance of the mansion at 30 Finley Ave.
The Governor's Mansion has served as the official residence for Alabama governors since 1951. The Hill House joined the mansion complex in 2003 and is also open for tours.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.