Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri September 6, 2013
Ala. GOP Political Director Resigns For New Job
The political director of the Alabama Republican Party has resigned to take a position with a political campaign in another state.
John Kay becomes the latest in a series of Republicans to quit high-profile positions in Alabama. That includes a congressman, the secretary of state and several legislators.
Kay said Friday he has "nothing but positive" thoughts about his five months as the party's political director.
He would not say whose campaign he would be working on. But he says it will be in another state.
State Republican Party chairman Bill Armistead says he can't stand in the way of a member of his staff wanting to move up to another position .
Armistead says a replacement for Kay hasn't been named.