Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Mon November 5, 2012
Ala GOP Plans Election Night Party at Gun Range
Alabama Republicans are holding their election night party at a gun range, where participants will be able to shoot a few rounds as returns come in.
The state Republican Party is inviting supporters to the 52,000-square-foot Hoover Tactical Firearms for a "victory party" Tuesday night.
The suburban Birmingham business sells firearms, and it has ranges where people can shoot their own guns or firearms that are available for rent.
A party announcement says the shooting ranges will be available for two hours during the election event. There will also be a band and an appearance by Miss Alabama.
Loaded guns will be allowed only on the firing range, and a party spokeswoman says drinking won't be allowed while people are shooting.
Republicans are expecting Mitt Romney to easily carry Alabama.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.