Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Mon November 5, 2012
Ala GOP Plans Election Night Party at Gun Range
Alabama Republicans are holding their election night party at a gun range, where participants will be able to shoot a few rounds as returns come in.
The state Republican Party is inviting supporters to the 52,000-square-foot Hoover Tactical Firearms for a "victory party" Tuesday night.
The suburban Birmingham business sells firearms, and it has ranges where people can shoot their own guns or firearms that are available for rent.
A party announcement says the shooting ranges will be available for two hours during the election event. There will also be a band and an appearance by Miss Alabama.
Loaded guns will be allowed only on the firing range, and a party spokeswoman says drinking won't be allowed while people are shooting.
Republicans are expecting Mitt Romney to easily carry Alabama.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.