Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon November 5, 2012
Ala GOP Plans Election Night Party at Gun Range
Alabama Republicans are holding their election night party at a gun range, where participants will be able to shoot a few rounds as returns come in.
The state Republican Party is inviting supporters to the 52,000-square-foot Hoover Tactical Firearms for a "victory party" Tuesday night.
The suburban Birmingham business sells firearms, and it has ranges where people can shoot their own guns or firearms that are available for rent.
A party announcement says the shooting ranges will be available for two hours during the election event. There will also be a band and an appearance by Miss Alabama.
Loaded guns will be allowed only on the firing range, and a party spokeswoman says drinking won't be allowed while people are shooting.
Republicans are expecting Mitt Romney to easily carry Alabama.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.