Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Arts & Life
Wed July 10, 2013
Ala Craft Beer, Seafood Industries Teaming Up
Alabama's beer and seafood industries are teaming up for a joint promotion.
The Gadsden-based Back Forty Beer Co. will start including the Alabama Gulf Seafood logo on its packaging.
The brewery is part of a growing craft beer industry in the state, and the seafood marketing campaign was launched in 2011 in the wake of the Gulf oil spill.
Back Forty marketing manager Brad Wilson says the company is adding the seafood logo because the relationship between craft beer and food helps define the company. The Alabama Gulf seafood website will suggest food and beverage pairings.
The seafood marketing campaign is overseen by a state commission established by Gov. Robert Bentley.