Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Wed July 10, 2013
Ala Craft Beer, Seafood Industries Teaming Up
Alabama's beer and seafood industries are teaming up for a joint promotion.
The Gadsden-based Back Forty Beer Co. will start including the Alabama Gulf Seafood logo on its packaging.
The brewery is part of a growing craft beer industry in the state, and the seafood marketing campaign was launched in 2011 in the wake of the Gulf oil spill.
Back Forty marketing manager Brad Wilson says the company is adding the seafood logo because the relationship between craft beer and food helps define the company. The Alabama Gulf seafood website will suggest food and beverage pairings.
The seafood marketing campaign is overseen by a state commission established by Gov. Robert Bentley.