Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Thu June 13, 2013
Ala. Company Issues Recall for Beef Jerky
An Alabama-based company has issued a recall for about 1,800 pounds of beef jerky, saying the products are misbranded and don't include information about an allergen.
United States Department of Agriculture officials said Wednesday that products manufactured by Eufaula-based Hickory Hollow Jerky, LLC contain Worcestershire sauce and anchovy paste. Officials say fish is a known allergen and should be listed on the product's labels.
The company recalled 3 oz. packages of original recipe, sweet heat and hot shot beef jerky, which carry the numbers 34550 in the USDA section of their inspection labels. The products were manufactured between Dec. 4, 2012 and June 4, 2013 and were sold online and in stores nationwide.
Officials say they've received no reports of adverse reactions linked to the products