Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Cancer Center Grant
Fri January 18, 2013
Ala. Cancer Center To Receive $550,000 Donation
The University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center is set to receive a $550,000 donation from the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama.
The foundation has donated nearly $4 million to the center since 1996.
Officials say the money will be used to help recruit and retain researchers in hopes of obtaining more high-profile grants.
The University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center employs more than 330 physicians and researchers who help treat more than 5,000 patients annually.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.