Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Cancer Center Grant
Fri January 18, 2013
Ala. Cancer Center To Receive $550,000 Donation
The University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center is set to receive a $550,000 donation from the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama.
The foundation has donated nearly $4 million to the center since 1996.
Officials say the money will be used to help recruit and retain researchers in hopes of obtaining more high-profile grants.
The University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center employs more than 330 physicians and researchers who help treat more than 5,000 patients annually.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.