Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Wed June 11, 2014
Ala. Attorney General Tapped For Leadership Post
Alabama's attorney general has been selected to serve as Southeast regional chair of the National Association of Attorneys General.
Officials from state Attorney General Luther Strange's office said Wednesday that he was selected for the position at the group's summer meeting in Michigan.
Strange says he's honored that his colleagues have chosen him to represent Southeastern states and he's committed to serve the interests of the region.
Officials say Strange and other regional leaders will serve on the group's executive committee.
The region Strange will represent spans 13 states, including Alabama.