Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Tue June 17, 2014
50 in Mobile for 'Distinguished Young Woman'
Fifty participants in the Distinguished Young Women program are in Mobile for two weeks of activities leading up to the final night on June 28.
They are vying for scholarship awards and the title of Distinguished Young Woman of America.
Their schedule includes lots of rehearsals and appearances. The participants are staying with host families in Mobile and will get to try Gulf coast foods while in the port city.
Tennessee's Distinguished Young Woman, Courtney Miller, says she is planning on trying oysters for the first time, but she's a little apprehensive.
Arizona's Distinguished Young Woman, Jaylia Yan, told WKRG-TV that she loves fried food and is looking forward to the southern version.