Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon June 11, 2012
2 Accused Of Hindering Search For Ala. Suspect
Montgomery, AL – Alabama authorities say two men are now charged with hindering the search for a man suspected of killing three people and wounding three more during a party near Auburn University.
Auburn police say 18-year-old Jeremy Thomas of Montgomery is charged with hindering prosecution after allegedly fleeing the scene of the shooting with the prime suspect, 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard.
Police are still looking for a third person who was with them.
Meanwhile, Montgomery police say 41-year-old Gabriel Thomas is also charged with hindering prosecution. They say Thomas had contact with Leonard and then gave police false information about his whereabouts.
Authorities said Leonard was charged with three counts of capital murder in shooting that occurred Saturday night during a pool part at University Heights apartments in Auburn.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)