Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Mon June 11, 2012
2 Accused Of Hindering Search For Ala. Suspect
Montgomery, AL – Alabama authorities say two men are now charged with hindering the search for a man suspected of killing three people and wounding three more during a party near Auburn University.
Auburn police say 18-year-old Jeremy Thomas of Montgomery is charged with hindering prosecution after allegedly fleeing the scene of the shooting with the prime suspect, 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard.
Police are still looking for a third person who was with them.
Meanwhile, Montgomery police say 41-year-old Gabriel Thomas is also charged with hindering prosecution. They say Thomas had contact with Leonard and then gave police false information about his whereabouts.
Authorities said Leonard was charged with three counts of capital murder in shooting that occurred Saturday night during a pool part at University Heights apartments in Auburn.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)