Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- NOAA Opens Tuscaloosa Water Center, State Legislature passes Education Budget
- Water Center to Provide Detailed Forecasting, AL Teach for America Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
Ella Taylor is a freelance film critic, book reviewer and feature writer living in Los Angeles.
Born in Israel and raised in London, Taylor taught media studies at the University of Washington in Seattle; her book Prime Time Families: Television Culture in Post-War America was published by the University of California Press.
Taylor has written for Village Voice Media, the LA Weekly, The New York Times, Elle magazine and other publications, and was a regular contributor to KPCC-Los Angeles' weekly film-review show FilmWeek.